Today the students had the opportunity to share their memories from last week's journal assignment. They shared them in small groups and help each other think of ways to make their pieces of writing better. I also shared with them some of my pieces of writing about my own memories. I hope they will become more comfortable with sharing with others as the year progresses. Be sure to ask them to tell you about the memory piece they are working on!
Try this: Have a family storytelling session at your house! Let everyone share one of their favorite memories!



2 comments:
Hey Miss Misty, people at my house are always telling stories!!!
I wanted to throw out this idea, maybe families might want to start a blog. We do it to share our stories and pictures with each other. Since we do not all live in the same place it makes it nice to see what is happening, we usually write on our blog everyday! It creates a record too that you can print or have someplace like Blurb.com to publish into book form.
Delilah...I totally agree! I try to get everyone I know to start a blog! I am so excited about printing a photo album from Blurb! I am going to make one for each of my boys. Maybe we can get more people to start a blog if we keep trying. It is so easy....and so FUN!
Post a Comment