Activities & Events from the Pickett County K-8 7th & 8th Grade Reading Classes!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Book Report Projects
Hey Students: Don't forget to be working on your book report projects! They are due Thursday! I want some great & creative projects to put on display! Get your brains in gear & impress me with your creations! Have a great weekend!!!
* construction paper * crayons, colored pencils, markers * glue sticks * scissors * box tops for education * unwanted board games (especially those dealing with letters, words, quotes, questions, etc.)
* unwanted books
* unwanted dictionary or thesaurus * hand sanitizer * cleaning wipes
**these can be brought in for a chance to draw from the extra credit box!!**
Welcome!
Welcome to my Reading Room Blog!
Parents:You can check this blog often for updates and reminders of happenings in this classroom. I will also post some examples of student writing assignments. Also look for pictures of your child participating in classroom activities to appear at various times on the blog! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions! (Just click on the comments link @ the bottom of a post!)
Students:You can check this blog to look up assignments or due dates you may have forgotten and as a scrapbook of all of the neat things that we do in the classroom! Feel free to leave comments as well!
I will update the blog as often as I can. I hope you will enjoy keeping up with all of our happenings!
Also feel free to email me @dowdym1@k12tn.net
Weekly Happenings:
Wednesday: Middle School Voc Quiz (8th)
Friday: Spelling Test
STUDY FOR THESE!!!!
**Important Dates**
Mar 29: Parent/Teacher Conference (3-6) Apr 6: Good Friday-NO SCHOOL Apr 20: Progress Reports Apr 23-27: TCAP Testing
7th Grade Spelling Words
TEST: 3-23-12
Unit 21
8th Grade Spelling Words
TEST: 3-23-12
Unit 21
Standards being learned this week:
7th Grade:
SPI 071.8.3 Distinguish among different genres (e.g., poetry, drama, biography, novel) using their distinguishing characteristics.
SPI 0701.8.4 Determine the common characteristics of iterary drama, nonfiction, novels, and short stories.
8th Grade:
SPI 0801.8.4 Distinguish among differnet genres (e.g., poetry, drama, biography, novel) using their distinguishing characteristics.
About Me:
I teach 7th & 8th Grade Reading at Pickett County K-8. I have wanted to be a teacher since the day I began Kindergarten! So, you can see I am in my dream job! I love my students. My husband, Dana, and I are blessed with two precious boys who mean the world to us. Keyton is 7 and Garrison is 3. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BEING THEIR MOMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment