Thursday, January 26, 2012

Technology...and Reading?!?!

At the beginning of the school year, I was lucky enough to receive a grant for my classroom.   In this grant from Assistive Technology, I received 30 Kindles, 5 iPad 2s, a MacBook Pro, a docking cart to hold them all, and a RedCat sound system.   How AWESOME is that?!?!?!   I wondered if my students would really think the Kindles were that great...after all...they are really just an electronic BOOK!   Oh my!   I was so tickled to see the excitement on their faces while using them!   I actually had about 15-20 of my students ask for them as Christmas presents!   That ROCKS!  Some reluctant readers have "discovered" books that they like simply because it is on a screen!   We are getting ready to implement the iPads in centers for other activities that involve our standards.   The students have been so careful with our new "toys" and really enjoy having them.   If you haven't checked out a Kindle, I invite you to come up and take a peek at ours.   You just might want to buy one of your own or buy one for your child as a gift!   WE LOVE OUR READING TECHNOLOGY!!!

No comments: