Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Special Visitors...

Today we had some special visitors:  Representatives from the State Department, the Overton County UCAT, our local central office, and our own PCK8 principal's office came by to tour our classroom and watch our technology in action!   The students were both nervous and excited to have this many visitors.   They came during my 3rd period, which was a group of 8th graders.  The visitors bragged on the outstanding behavior of my class.   I told them that I knew they were great!   I really do have awesome students!   Some of the students were asked questions bye the visitors and one student even got to TEACH a visitor how to operate a Kindle fire.   She was very happy to learn from my student because when had received a Kindle Fire for Christmas and was having trouble with a particular feature.   It was great to see my students displaying their new  knowledge of these devices.   I have had close to half of my students receive Kindles or iPads since using them in my room!  We even had someone from The Pickett County Press come to take pictures of the visit!  It was a great morning for Pickett county K-8 and especially for our little reading room!   



I have one more "Overheard..." to add from today:

"Did we do good?" One of the students asked me this after the visitors left!

My reply: Of course you were good...you are always good!  



**Look for more pics soon in the Pickett County Press...

No comments: